Teachers at American High School are talented, certified, highly-qualified professionals committed to each student’s success. Our caring teachers make all the difference for our students.
American High School’s certified teachers are experts in their fields as well as trained in online instruction practices. Leading the virtual classroom, our teachers help students across the country and across all grade levels achieve their potential . . .
- Our elementary school teachers help students master the fundamentals.
- Our middle school teachers hone students’ writing, math, and science skills.
- Our high school teachers prepare students for the challenges of college and career.
- Our subject specialists help students master increasingly complex subjects and new skills.
- Our foreign language teachers prepare students to communicate in a global community.
- STEM subject matter experts foster the next generation of scientists, engineers, and mathematicians.
- Our AP® and Gifted and Talented instructors expand educational opportunities for high-achievers.
Throughout the K–12 years, our teachers partner with parents and Learning Coaches to ensure students have the support they need to thrive in an online environment.
In American High School’s student-focused, individualized online learning environment, our teachers:
- Integrate state-of-the-art instructional tools and curriculum to engage and instruct.
- Individualize lesson plans and instruction to each student’s needs.*
- Provide engaging real-time instruction via Audio / Video Collaboration sessions.
- Track each student’s progress and adjust individual learning plans appropriately.
- Provide one-on-one support and instruction via phone, email, and Audio / Video Collaboration technology.
*Full-time students also participate in American High School’s ongoing Personalized Performance Learning process.